If you have not heard of brake drums before, it is because the braking system of your car uses brake rotors instead of drums. However, there are still those vehicles that heavily rely on brake drums to make their vehicle slow down or come to a halt completely. This is why it is vital that one purchases good quality brake drums from brands that are well-known throughout the world. If you are unsure as to which car manufacturers excel in producing brake drums, just head to Parts Avatar Canada where all the top car brands like Worldparts, Auto Extra,Raybestos and Bosch are listed. All the products here are expertly crafted and available for a wide range of vehicles. Hence, regardless of the make and model of the car you own, you can find the brake drum that suits your needs here.
Brake drums are the cylindrical metal structure that fitted on the wheel hub that grazes against the brake shoes to make the wheel screech to a stop. The stronger the drums are, the lower their chances of getting worn out the constant heat generated by the friction in the braking system. The failure of the brake drums may result in the incessant boiling of the brake fluid, which will eventually cause the braking system to break down and no longer be able to stop the car mid-motion. Such a phenomenon can prove to be quite costly for both the driver and the unsuspecting passengers taking a ride in the car.
This is why wise car owners hire a car parts expert or a mechanic to get their cars checked, including the braking system at regular intervals rather than risking it and waiting for the brake drums to malfunctioning. Another unwritten rule followed by most experienced car owners is that they tend to avoid buying replacement brake drums from unknown, shady car manufacturers, regardless of how enticing their discounts might be. Since the braking system of a car is something that most people do not like to compromise with, most car owners tend to trust the car manufacturers who are known to steadily dole out top notch quality in the past.
Bosch Brake Drums
One such brand is Bosch, which makes ideal brake drums for smaller cars. It is the best in the business because of a number of advantages:
- It specializes in making brake drums for smaller cars. Hence, a wide array of brake drums is available to choose from.
- The brake drums manufactured by Bosch are very stable and carries the capability to withstand friction.
- One can blindly trust the brake drums designed by Bosch to fit the required vehicle with complete accuracy.
- The longevity of the brake drums have been tried and tested to make sure that they can efficiently serve the respective vehicles for a really long time.
- The reliability of the brake drums is unquestionable as each brake drum goes through heavy scrutiny before being approved for being sold.
Brake Drums Problems
But before you go off to Parts Avatar Ontario to shop for a brand new brake drum, it is always wise to make sure that your brake drums are indeed destroyed beyond repair. If you have no idea how to detect if the brake drums of your car have indeed broken down, here are a few early symptoms that can help you do the same:
- If the brake pedal of your car has started to shudder or pulsate badly every time you step on it, there is a good chance that the brake drums of your car have given out. The vibrations caused by the brake pedals will be extremely noticeable.
- Apart from the unusual feel of the brake pads when pressed down, another indicator of failing brake drums is the noise generated from them. Brake drums which are in excellent condition rarely result in screeching brake pads. The opposite is true for deteriorating braked drums. A scraping or scratching sound coming from the brake pads often suggests that the brake shoes have also reached their breaking point along with the brake drums.
- Lastly, if the brake drums are about to fail, the parking brakes will start to malfunction. While they might not stop working altogether, they will start depicting signs of sluggishness. For example, the brake shoes might fail to squeeze against the inside of the drums, resulting in the parking brakes not working as smoothly as they should have. As a result, the vehicle might slip an inch or two even after the parking brakes are fully engaged. However, such a phenomenon is also indicative of extremely worn out brake shoes in addition to just brake drums. Hence, it is advised that car owner get the entire braking system checked by a car mechanic before jumping into any conclusions when he/she encounters this symptom.
Also, one should never wait for a crucial car part like brake drums to fail entirely before considering a replacement for them as this can be dangerous for both the driver of the car as well as the passengers involved. Hence, it is wise to always keep an observant eye on them and look out for any of the above signs that might suggest that their standard thickness have been compromised or they have developed cracks along their edges. If they have, then it might be time to visit Parts Avatar Toronto and get replacement brake drums before they fail completely.